Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, March 2, 2012

How to Overcome the “Age” Preconceptions


Overcoming age prejudices might be difficult. There are a few ways that you can try and overcome this problem.

  1. The first is to do a lot over the phone.  Pretty simple, right?  I have a couple clients that I have never met before and I have no idea what they even look like.  You can run an entire offline business over the phone.  Sounds a little weird, I know, but it’s true.   
  2. Second, if you have to meet face to face you MUST dress and act very professional.  Bring a leather laptop bag/brief case with you to keep your cards and paper in.  Heck, it can even be empty if you want it to be, it’s really just there for looks.   
  3. Third, know your stuff.  If you go to a meeting and blow the person out of their chair because of your knowledge they aren’t going to care how young you are.   

No comments:

Post a Comment